What is the Calmira Tips Mailing List?
The CTML is a place to discuss the Calmira shell, including (but not limited to) tips,
tricks, problems, ideas, opinions, raves, lumps, etc. Anything at all to do with Calmira.
Calmira Tips archive
Feel free to browse through the Calmira Tips archive,
by clicking on the eScribe button on the left.
How do I subscribe?
Read the Policy and then click on the link below to subscribe. Choose the primary
or digest list. In the primary list you get all the messages individually.
In the digest list once or twice a day you'll get a message containing all
the recent postings.
- This is a closed list. You must join before you may post to it.
- No flames or other nastiness... Remember the Golden Rule.
- Mind your mailbox. If posts to you bounce, I will automatically remove you
and you'll have to re-subscribe after writing to me.
- Please, no HTML, MIME, or RTF mail. Most of us use plain-text mail clients,
and an encoded message is very hard to look at, as well as being a bandwidth
- This list is non-commercial in nature. No advertising for monetary gain is
- Very importantly, there are members of many nations of varying cultural and
religious sensiblilties, so as per the old axiom, NEVER discuss religion, sex, or
politics. This is NOT the place for that.
Most importantly, NEVER post binary data and/or attachments to the list. This
is cause for immediate removal without further warning!
- In these, and all other matters, the listowner's discretion will prevail
and is FINAL.
If your browser's email is properly set up, all you have to do is
click here and hit send to subscribe.
If that doesn't work or you like to subscribe with another email
account, just send an email to
with the following words in the subject line or the body:
In either case, you need to answer an automated confirmation before
you will be subscribed. This is to prevent others from falsely
You can also use the following form to subscribe/unsubscribe or
to change your mailing list options: